[HCDX] KHBC 1060 AM Still Officially KAHU

Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 23:01:13 +1200
To: Greyline Dx <greylinedx@xxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Mark Nicholls <marknic@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [greylinedx]  KHBC 1060 AM Still Officially KAHU
Sender: greylinedx-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx

Here are two emails from Chuck Boehnke in Hawaii clarifying the situation with KHBC 1060 kHz.

Apparently the official FCC Callsign is still KAHU 1060 kHz but they
use KHBC on air for most id's except for the Official Hourly ID.  See
Chuck's explanation below.

It is still KAHU but they are hoping to get KHBC in the future (again
see Chuck's explanation below)

Regards
Mark Nicholls
Chief Editor
New Zealand DX Times
NZ Radio DX League

> > >Here is the info on KHBC 1060 AM Stereo, they are 24/7 now if it all >works out OK. >They still have a few technical glitches but all in all it runs pretty >smoothly. >------------------------------------------------------------------------- >------------------- >KHBC >P.O. Box 515, >Hilo, HI 96721 >USA > >Phone numbers: USA area code is 808 >Office: 959-5700 >Fax: 959-5800 >Request line: 296-5422 (296-KHBC) > >The legal call is still KAHU and is given at TOH. >GM and Owner is Buddy Gordon. >Format is everything from Adult Standards, Old and new Pop and Rock, >Hawaiian, >Country , to Jazz and everything in between! Haven't heard any classical >music yet >but it wouldn't surprise me if some showed up eventually. >Saturdays and Sundays (Hawaiian time) "Thor" does his Jazz/Rock show 6:PM >to >Midnight HSTand he does answer the request line.

(Chuck Boehnke Hawaii)

and more information explaining the situation

Paul Ormandy ZL4TFX EchoLink Node 87378 Host of The South Pacific DX Report http://radiodx.com