[HCDX] Logs

1610 FLORIDA WPXE855 City of Clearwater - the new TIS noted
late today as having switched from the test loop to a
customized loop.  At 0245 GMT March 21: male, opening with
"Hello and welcome to beautiful Clearwater.  You're
listening to WPXE [no full calls] 1610 AM, Clearwater's
downtown beach, traffic and parking information station.
Today is Thursday, March 20th.  Thank you for visiting
downtown and the beaches.  We hope you enjoy your time in
Clearwater... [then brief parking garage location
information]... The next update will be tomorrow morning...
Have a great night and thank you for visiting Clearwater's
beaches."  Today's loop was 1:35 long.  Fair signal at my
location, about two miles SE of downtown Clearwater
(assuming the transmitter is at the Myrtle Street city
facilities as the FCC dB indicates).  Suspect there are
signs for this on Cleveland Street/SR-60 or other nearby
feeders, but I'm not about to check for the next couple of
weeks, as the spring break gridlock to the beaches (coupled
with the new bridge construction) is a major mess.  Right on
frequency, though het from the nearby City of Tarpon Springs
TIS a few Hertz below is present.  Why the FCC didn't issue
1620 for Clearwater is anyone's guess.  Thanks to Greg Myers
(also in Clearwater) for discovering this last week, while
it was in test mode.  (Terry L Krueger - Clearwater, FL)

Radio Sawa [locations?] - 6185 (very poor/co-channel), 7150
(very god), 7185 (very good), 9645 (very good) 0145-0220
March 21.  Slick programming of Arabic pop mixed with US pop
("Can't Touch That" by M.C. Hammer, etc.), frequent ID's by
man.  Reference at 0208 to their website www.radiosawa.com
which I went to, and confirms 7150 this time is the North
Africa programming, with the other three channels being the
Iraqi program.  Indeed not parallel except for the 0215
Arabic man and woman newscast.  (Terry L Krueger -
Clearwater, FL)

FLORIDA anyone know if there's been a coodinated FCC sweep
in Tampa Bay?  Seemingly no trace of "87X" (87.9), the
kreyol 99.1 "Radio Sonique" and the kreyol "Essense FM"
(102.1) -- all in Tampa -- for a couple of weeks.  And for
about two months, "102.1" in downtown St. Petersburg has ben
100% confirmed silent, though their stick remains.

Visit my "Florida Low Power Radio Stations" at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tocobagadx/flortis.html