RE: [HCDX] Baghdad 11787

There was actually some modulation today, but very, very low and only
perceptible on music peaks and occasional voice peaks. The transmitter goes
off the air around 1300 UTC and returns around 1600 UTC - that has been the
case for the past two days. The carrier is strong here in The Netherlands,
but you need to use USB mode to avoid Cairo on 11785. Very briefly this
evening the modulation improved enough for me to make a short recording.
Shortly afterwards I also recorded Information Radio on 9715, which was
running neck and neck with DW Russian, and occasionally overriding it! Links
to both files plus today's BBC Monitoring observations are in our Iraq media
dossier at http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/features/html/iraq030319.html

Andy Sennitt
Radio Netherlands