[HCDX] Latin American MW / SW logs for the evening of MAR 28

[HCDX] Latin American MW / SW logs for the evening of MAR 28

Hello to all of you !

Despite the increasing number of day-light hours and despite we are in the spring right now, yesturday produced the best condx on MW toward Latin America of the whole month. I could say condx were, at least, very slightly auroral as I could get WQEW Radio Disney 1560 with a lot of very intense fadings, as fadey as a moderate sized international SW broadcaster (like Afrique Numéro Un on 9580 for exemple) when they usually have a very clean fade-free local-like signal during the late evening period.

Into the logs now:

530 TURKS AND CAICOS,   Radio Visión Cristiana  MAR 29 0507 - Fair with a female spanish vocal, but usually excellent most of the time the past night ! (Chiochiu-QC)

640 CUBA,   Radio Progreso  MAR 29 0346 - with son music to 0358 when I hear the cuban theme song with the canned ID "Radio Progreso cadena nacíonal, La Onda del Alegria...sol de la Habana, Cuba - primer teritorio libre en America" followed by the Perspectiva program. Fair to very poor. + MAR 29 0354 - very good with nx summary pgm and some eurodance team samples played before the summary announcements - talk mostly about education in Cuba and other Cuban news - no item was about the war in Iraq, and only a short one was about the war in Iraq during the nx of 0300 UTC (see 890). (Chiochiu-QC)

640 VENEZUELA,   YVQO Union Radio, Puerto-La-Cruz, Anzoàtegui  MAR 29 0306 - Newscast with recognisable Union Radio news jingle in the mix with Cuba and others. Occasionally to very strong level with less QRM at other times the past night, but not logged details then. (Chiochiu-QC)

640 GUADELOUPE,   Radio Guadeloupe, Pointe-à-Pitre  MAR 29 0504 - 0523+ - Very strong with very few interferences; occasionally EXCELLENT (!) with France Info relay (a news/weather/sports station in France). All the nx items heard were about the war in Iraq. One item was about a missile who did hit a popular market and killed 50 persons, mostly womans and children. I feel asleep listening to this in my parents room after unsuccesfully trying to get a cuban music station to listen to before I feel asleep. (Chiochiu-QC)

750 VENEZUELA,   YVKS, RCR, Caracas D.F.  MAR 29 0313 - Man in Spanish. Fair with lots of interferences from WSB. (Chiochiu-QC)

760 COLOMBIA,    HJAJ, RCN Barranquilla  MAR 29 0306 - with the Edicíon Cultural program; Man sayed "Bienvenidos..." and other welcome announcements, then Colombian music. Pretty good for several minutes; tried for Radio Mar Plus (OAZ4X), but no such luck ! Earlier this evening, before 9 PM EST, in RCN null (wich was very weak and not dominating the channel like at 1006 PM), I could get a country domestic. Has WJR changed their format from News/Talk to C&W ? I haven't listened to them in quite a while. (Chiochiu-QC)

890 CUBA,   CMDZ, Radio Progreso, Chambas  MAR 29 0216+ - playing "Too Much Heaven" by the Bee Gees followed by a Cuban pop song. Then man in Spanish with a mention of "onda del alegria" followed by nx (only one item was about the war in Iraq, the rest of the items were mostly about Cuba), then the Ritmos pgm with a salsa song, then the rest of the music played on the Ritmos program was son music (very similar to venezuelan llanera music - such as Juan Vicente Torrealba or Símon Diaz). Very strong signal with only very occasional QRM from remaints of nulled WLS and back-ground het from WCBS-880 sometimes as heard on a barefoot Phillips LW / MW transistor tube radio (a gift from my grandmother) in my room while doing a part of a punishement with 9 pages of copy because Nancy was late in the Bilogy class and when she comed in the class she was very impolite with the Biology teacher and I sayed she was impolite because beetwen 12 and 13 years she could not shave his pussie (I wanted to shave Nancy's pussie), so I had a copy of 9 pages because of this for the week-end and I've done 2 pages of it the past evening beetwen 9 and 10 PM while DX'ing Radio Progreso on 890. (Chiochiu-QC)

1180 CUBA,   CMBA, Radio Rebelde, Villa-Maria  MAR 29 0506-0507 - for 1 minute alone with a cuban song. I wanted to listen to this before I feel asleep, but at 0507 UTC WHAM was back in very strongly with Radio Rebelde fading down in strenght and audible very weakly beneath 'HAM, so I tuned back to Radio Guadeloupe. (Chiochiu-QC)

4830 VENEZUELA,   YVOB, Radio Tachira, San Cristobal (Tachira state) MAR 29 0155 - with up-beat announcer, samples of spanish music and mention of "Alegria en Radio Tachira". Good, some QRM from a computer in the neighborhood. (Chiochiu-QC)

4885 BRASIL,    Radio Clube do Para  MAR 29 0157-0203 - Man with talk (seemed sports related) followed by talk by a corresponded (also a man) live from somewhere through the top-of-the-hour with no ID. At 0203 I closed my Sangean radio, opened the Sanyo to see if Radio Progreso 890 was strong enough and tryed other AM freqs as well, then I closed the Sanyo and put the Phillips transistor rx north-south and tuned to Radio Progreso and listened to this station while doing a copy for school (see 890).

Bogdan Chiochiu: QTH: Montreal (Pierrefonds-Est), Quebec, Canada
Equipment: Sanyo MCD-S830 and Phillips portables with ferrite bar antennas;
Sangean 606 rx with long-wire

A nice variety of AM band and 60 meter tropical band signals for this time of the year. The only disspointement was the lack of any Mexican signals with nothing from this country audible. I'm a bit dissapointed, but I take the Cubans, Venezuelans and any other Latins.

I did do several things last night such as a copy for school as a punishement (the background music of Radio Progreso didn't make it feel like a punishment) and playing with my german sheapard dog, all this while DX'ing. I love DX'ing ! This did permit me to broaden my musical horizons of english and french music (I don't know Romanian music much) with a nice variety and quantity of Latin American music I would never have knowed, if I didn't started DX'ing.

That's it for now !,
73 and good DX,
Bogdan