[HCDX] Broadcast Band Update

MORE ABOUT THE MYSTERIOUS 1500: Our Monterey-area buddy Jim Hilliker went right to the horse's....mouth....to get info about the KIEV/1500 CP. This is what the Feds had to say: >According to our records, the construction permit for Station KIEV expired on April 25, 2002. The permittee requested additional time to construct; the request was denied and the permittee filed an application for review of that decision. The Application for Review is still pending.< ...Thus, the FCC provides as clear an answer as possible, reflecting an unclear situation. I say this, due to the fact that the FCC website still has a detailed listing of the KIEV CP....which, I swear, was not there a year ago. Of course, no sign of on-air activity, as of yet.

FORM 1090: So now So Cal has yet one more Sports station, XEPRS/1090, which is targeting the San Diego market specifically. So what? -- Except, it sure was good to hear the voice of an old friend, Wolfman Jack, during that first weekend leading up to their recent debut. 1090 ran a tape loop that weekend, mostly of Sports actualities, et al, but they did give a nod to the heritage of the frequency, and it's most listened to resident, the Wolf...who held court each weeknight at 10PM (right after Reverend Ike) on what was then XERB/1090, circa 1965-1971. Of course, some of us remember hearing the wolf prior to the 1090 engagement, on XERF/1570, out of Ciudad Acuna, Coahuila. Next time you find yourself there, jump across the Rio Grande to Del Rio, Texas, and check out the new Museum dedicated to the memory of Wolfman Jack.

73z to All -- GREG HARDISON