[HCDX] News from Qatar

Returned to Finland a few days ago from a two-week assignment in Qatar,
reporting from CENTCOM briefings etc for YLE TV & Radio. Pretty busy all
the time, so I barely had time to use a Sangean 909 which I bought just
before departure. No new discoveries on the dial, BUT Camp as-Sayliyah
proved to be the right place to find out more about Information Radio
and Commando Solo: Where do the transmissions on different frequencies
really come from? Where are the aircraft based? And how many are they?
When and how were the transmissions extended - and how much of it was
revealed in the Coalition press briefings? And the rest of the story.
All you ever wanted to know about Information Radio Iraq in the article
"US steps up propaganda war" at
http://www.dxing.info/profiles/clandestine_information_iraq.dx

73
Mika Makelainen