[HCDX] Radio Marti QSL

Re Radio Marti not (?) answering reports.

Received a letter  in English from the Office of Cuba Broadcasting last week, dated March 13, 2003. It's gives no data as to when and where, but I had sent them a report by ordinary mail  in 2001 for 6030 kHz, and I wrote that letter in Spanish I remember. A lot of  letters and reports were lost here in a pc crash, so I can't recall the details. Anyway, the verification text is quite OK, and it is signed by Michael F. Pallone, Director, Engineering & Technical Operations. It gives the address Office of Cuba Broadcasting,  4201 N.W. 7th Avenue, Miami, FL 33166 and bears the logo of Radio Marti TV and the text Broadcasting Board of Govenors printed at the bottom. A card was enclosed, an old portait of José Martí.

I had since  long given up hope, yes almost forgotten the report,  but now  remember that I made some very nasty remarks about the jammers of Radio Marti.

And hi also to Glenn, I know you will read this, so can you comment on the use or non-use of accents. Of course it's Martí in Spanish, like José Martí on the card,  in the letter in English tho, it's Marti. I know some people just hate accents, and it becomes tricky when you write in English about people with Spanish names. It seems that habits are personal and change from time to time. And here's quite another thing, perhaps related. It brought me a smile when I read something about Iosif Vissarionovich Dzugashvili, better know as Joseph (Uncle Joe) Stalin in a Spanish weekly magazine. Of course it said José Stalin. He  obviously escaped the fate to be known as José Estalin.  As you know Stockholm is Estocolmo in Spanish...

73 Johan Berglund, Trollhättan, Sweden