AW: [HCDX] Grundig

Hello again,

yes, Andy, that's right!

According to german law declaring bancruptcy to an Inferior Court is the
FIRST step to try to rescue a company from destruction. After declaration
the court appoints a trustee of bancruptcy (in german "Insolvenzverwalter").
It is his primary task to find a company willing to take-over business and
hopefully preserve as many jobs as possible and to organize a company's
financial situation. He will have many talks to creditors ... A tough
business!

After Philips retired from business with Grundig the management was seeking
for prospective customers - at last with Beko. As you know - without
success. Some companies may speculate on a better deal. It's like seasonal
sale.

Declaring bancruptcy does not mean the end of "Grundig". It may take a long
time until this may happen or - hopefully - will not happen. Now, time is
running out for Grundig ... I think Beko will make it within the next two or
three months.

I begann by DXing "career" with Grundig receivers like Grundig 2000, 2100,
500 and 600. There ist still one Satellit 600 working ...

Best wishes from Wuppertal
vy 55 + 73

Manfred Reiff
@home: mrreiff@xxxxxxxxxx --- kwn@xxxxxxxx
(Editor of "Shortwave-News" and "News from the Middle East" of the EAWRC)
Member of ADDX, EAWRC and WWDXC
All times in UTC, all frequencies in kHz
Receiver:  AOR AR-7030plus / Antenna Tuner YAESU FRT-7700
QTH:       Wuppertal-Cronenberg  51°12'23" N / 07°07'44"E