[HCDX] logs of Caribbean MW DX heard the past night

[HCDX] logs of Caribbean MW DX heard the past night

530 TURKS AND CAICOS,   Radio Visión Cristiana, South Caicos  MAY 31 0558 - Spanish gospel tune followed by a few announcements, then top-of-the-hour jingle "Radio Visión Cristiana, marcando la hora", then time-check "Uno de la madrugada en punto en Nueva York" followed by triple legal IDs for WWRV New-York 1330 AM, WVIP 1310 AM Mount Kisko and 530 South Caicos, Turks and Caicos, British West Indies. Good signal at tune-in. (Chiochiu-QC)

1180 CUBA, CMBA Radio Rebelde, Villa-Maria  MAY 31 0556 - Assumed w/ woman and man talk noted way under WHAM. (Chiochiu-QC)

Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu
Sanyo MCD-S830 barefoot
QTH: Montreal (Pierrefonds-Est), QC

Conditions were back to normal or at least only VERY sligthly auroral (probably just auroral enough to allow Cuba to sneak through way under an almost impossible to null WHAM). WLIB was excellent on 1190 playing soca music, but some very slightly AURORAL conditions were suggested by some very selective fadings on short-skip signals such as Radio Disney 1460 in Albany (I don't know the call-letters for this one)/ But, I'm surprised on getting two foreign DX signals for that late in the DX season. I wonder though if I'm gonna get any deep-South American stuff this summer. Of course this Thursday evening when CBA was auroraed out, the channel had NOTHING, so I couldn't hear LR1 Radio El Mundo like I wanted to.

If I'm not going to hear deep-South American DX this summer wich is still very probable, because it is very rare for inland DX'ers to get this DX, I'd like to hear at least 1 Venezuelan. I haven't heard YV DX since the end of March and I really miss them. This last season, RCR-750 wasn't the most commun YV here, but Union Radio-640 wich was often almost local-like. Well, I'd like to hear from Union Radio-640 this summer, at least once. The past night, I could only hear growls on 640 along with some sub-audible heterodynes (they were two), but the signals were too weak for audio detection. On 750 I could get nothing at all, aside for some slight CKAC-730 het. I could not even get WSB !

Well, the next season I'm going to try to hear two new exotic stations on 750, HJDK Caracol in Medellin wich I tentatively received before and KFQD in Anchorage, AK. While the first one may be "relatively" easy, KFQD would be a very tough catche and I may be hunting them for years.

That's it for now,
73 and good DX,
Bogdan Chiochiu