From: hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:hard-core-dx-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Thomas Roth
Sent: Friday, 30 May 2003 4:41 p.m.
To: hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [HCDX] Re: Some logs

Hi Marcelo and all,

> INDIA
> 3365        05/29    AIR Dheli, non stop songs in Hindi, 1754. 35433

What you heard there is the Northern Regional Service coming indeed from
Delhi itself.

> 4860        05/29    AIR Dheli, non stop songs in Hindi, 1815. 44434
> Frequency not in parallel with 3365 kHz.

That would have been the External Service (also from Delhi) in Urdu
being beamed into Pakistan. Usually goes on until 1930 or so.

> 5040        05/29    AIR Kolkata, Jeypore. Hindu songs until 1700 then OM
em
> Hindi (??) and another song. 45444

The Eastern Regional Service. And yes, the language is Hindi. Never
heard anything but Hindi on that frequency.

Do you hear Gangtok on 3390???

Also check out the so-called Vividh Barathi Service on the unlikely
frequency of 10330 kHz. You'll find them on most of the day. They
transmit that service from various sites (Delhi, Bombay, Gauhati). Lots
of Hindi songs usually but also the occasional classical feature. Rather
nice for background noise if you like that Indian stuff... ;-)

73 de Thomas
Hannover/Germany
Kathmandu/Nepal

--