[HCDX] Log - My first reception of Guadeloupe-640 in the month of June

[HCDX] Log - My first reception of Guadeloupe-640 in the month of June

640 GUADELOUPE, Radio Guadeloupe, Pointe-à-Pitre JUN 8 0217 - presumed (no ID, but I'm certain it was them from hearing them with IDs on a regular basis the past season). Weak-poor level with an old-sounding song (initially I thought I had the "Trios en la Noche" program from Radio Progreso and the signal was too weak for me to identify the language in wich this song was singed) followed by man in Creole at :19 or :20 (at least I could identify the language, but I couldn't pick up any words clearly, even if I speaked Creole). Stayed until :22 then faded out and comeback at :23 at an even weaker (very weak) level with WNNZ stronger. My 2nd Caribbean log in the month of June ! (Chiochiu-QC)

Bogdan Chiochiu
QTH: Montreal (Pierrefonds-Est), QC
Equipment: Sanyo MCD-S830 portable with it's ferrite bar antenna

No other Caribbean or South American signals present aside from a fadey Turks and Caicos-530 (wich is regularly heard this spring/summer so far), not even Rebelde-1180 or Union Radio 640. The only comment I have about this reception it's self is that I should have taped it.

Today I went with someone on Mont Royal and I bringed my Sangean 606 with it and even with the telescopic antenna unextended and put in the back of the receiver, I could hear LOOOOTS of overload, sometimes even CKOI 96.9 was covered by spurs and CBF 95.1 was badely QRMed by 105.7 Rythme FM (though I found a few spots where I could get for in a very small part a few strong SEMI-locals in full stereo: Star 92.9 WEZF Burlington, Cité Rock Détente on 102.7 from Sherbrooke and Z104 Saint-Jean sur Richelieu - CFZZ) and this was surprising as well, because at home I never get stereophonic receptions of SEMI-locals when I have the antenna in the back-support of the receiver; I think the presence of transmitter sites amplify the non-site SEMI-local signals as well, not enough to completely override the overloading and mixing products all the time, but if you find a place with concrete (with a window in the direction of the semi-local you want to hear like Saint-Jean sur Richelieu for exemple) you'll notice this "boosting effect". Anyone else did notice that ?

Well, that's it for now !
73 and good DX,
Bogdan