Re: [HCDX] Re: [LatinMWDX] Re: Latest Medium Wave DX ...

Re: [HCDX] Re: [LatinMWDX] Re: Latest Medium Wave DX ...

Here in Montreal, I often get Venezuela on 640, 670 and 750. 640 Union Radio
in Puerto La Cruz (in the Anzoàtegui state) was by far the strongest South
American this season so far. YVKS-750 was sometimes excellent during the
first half of the season (the fall and early winter), but since late
December throught late March when the season more or less ended, they
weren't strong and 640 had the only consistent YV signal, not a bad one to
listen to, because YV DX'er José Elias Diaz is doing a DX show "Sintonía DX"
wich I haven't heard yet because everytime it was scheduled in (each Monday
beetwen 0200 and 0300 UTC), the TV set was either on or I was buzzy reading
things on the Net or donwloading MP3s (otherwise I would have heard it,
because Union Radio 640 was audible at least two thirds of the time - over /
under WNNZ, Guadeloupe and sometimes Progreso-Cuba - by the way, Radio
Guadeloupe was even weakly audible the past night around 10:17 PM playing an
old-sounding song followed by a man in creole; the 2nd time I hear them this
off-season, but unfortunatly I was so buzzy today that I didn't have time to
send the report yet, I did go to with someone in the downtown on a mountain
hill where most of the FM, TV and cell. transmitter sites are located, so I
hadn't time to send the report; I also wake up at 10:30 AM this morning, as
when Guadeloupe faded-out at 10:22 and replaced by a slightly stronger WNNZ
Massachussets, I went in my room to listen to a CD and afterwards I watched
the TV until 1:00 AM). Radio Timepo from Caracas on 1200 kHz was heard on
two occasions the past season and once they were very listenable for several
dozens of minutes with rapid-fire SS talk wich seemed sports related
followed by a salsa song then a cumbia Los Melodicos classic - Los Moledicos
was a very popular Venezuelan "orchestra bailable" and was formed in 1958
and played music similar to Billo's Caracas Boys until the 80's when the
members were replaced by young womans singing tropical tecno-pop mx. I got
once YVQJ Radio Barcelona way under WTIC, on 1080. I also got on a few
occasions YVNM Radio Coro on 780 kHz (they play nice music, but they are a
tough catche here), and one one occasion for each YVLX Radio Rumbos in
Villa-Cura on 570 (in the Aragua state) and YVRZ Radio Vision Dos Mil on
1500 in Cumana, Sucre (my only LAm catche in the 1500s so far) and YVMA
Radio Mundial in Maracaibo, Zulia on 1070 (I will add a real-audio file of
Mundial-1070 soon to the files section) + YVQT Radio Carúpano en road from
Burlington, VT wich is within 100 miles from Montreal fairly close to the US
border (and close enough to my QTH to count it; also logged from here as
tentative way under WBT !), plus tentative receptions on a few occasions of
La Voz del Caribe on 1140 kHz and once I got a woman in Spanish under WABC
when no Colombian signals were audible, but RCR-750 was local-like hence I
don't think it was the usual RCN Bogota outlet wich was audible a couple of
times when WABC was AUed out, but rather YVKK Radio Nacíonal in Valencia,
Carabobo. I hope to get an ID on YVKK-770 sometime the next season.

Here Venezuela is generally-speaking much more commun than Colombia. I
logged twice as many YVs as HJs and I'm aint finnish yet; I'd like to hear
all the 23 YV states, but some of them (such as the most southerly and
biggest Amazonas - but with pretty small population and only 1 or 2 AMers)
would be nearly impossible - I'd like at least to hear most of them or at
least two or three more easy states like YVKK on 770 kHz out of Carabobo or
La Voz del Caribe-1140, YVRS-1020 or YVQX-920 in the Nueva Esparta state
wich is the Isla Margarita state or YVOL 860 Mundial in the Tachira state,
in San Critobal with CJBC nulled. The only goal for this summer in regard to
Venezuela is to hear, at least once, YVQO Union Radio 640 wich is the
strongest Venezuelan and South American here. Everything else will wait
until the fall !

Well, that's it for now !
I have to go to sleep now,
73 and good DX,