[HCDX] New EWE antenna

--- Begin Message ---
Hi everyone;

Some of you might remember a posting I made a few years back about
having to change the location on my EWE antenna, because some neighbors
put up an electric fence. The neighbors have moved and the electric
fence has been turned off. The 365 acres of property is for sale, so I
have no idea how long it will be vacant and what will be used by new
people. But I climbed under the fence and put up my EWE at the old
location. It close to what I had, but I am having trouble with my nulls.
I am adding more ground rods at the termination point as the old ones
are all rusty. I am off a bit on the nulls, but I hope to get them back.
I have a second EWE antenna in front so that might affect the pattern. I
should take it down. But my overall gain it up as this antenna is a bit
longer and also it has more of a SW lobe than my other. Example:
KMBD-1590-Tillamook was S9+20 DB. They are now S9+32 DB, much like they
used to be. The nulls are better on the upper part of the dial than the
bottom part for some reason. I have experimented with EWE antenna for
over 22 years. Any change makes quite a difference. Trying to get the
exact nulls & lobes of an old one is not easy.

73s,

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR
KAVT Reception Manager