RE: [HCDX] CD Station Reports

John

I have been using CD's for a while along my reception reports. It works
in the same way of the audio tapes but the advantage is that the CD is
flat and lighter than an audio tape.

You always should send a reception report with details (if possible) and
those typical items like frequency, date, SINPO, antenna, receiver,
etc....You should also send a sort of personal letter like "Hi, I am
John, from USA, etc...please find enclosed a CD with the recording of
your transmission along a reception report"...

I got some QSL cards using CD's including Holy Tibet, Burkina Faso, Full
Gospel Church (Canaries), Radio Tanzania (Zanzibar), etc...

Just a last comment. Don't waste your CD's with big stations, I mean,
don't send a CD to Radio Nederland or Radio Japan for example, even
though you can't understand the language. You can easily get a QSL from
these station. CD's (or tapes) should be used in special situations when
you really can't understand the language and the station doesn't have
many resources like someone who can spend some time reading your report
and trying to understand what you mean.

Marcelo Toniolo
Auckland, NZ