RE: [HCDX] Basel Dx Daily Logbook

Hello Yves,

> UNIDâ.UNID: Did anybody hear something on 4870 khz , 14.07.2003
> around 20.30h
> ??? I heard a station with just ok signal but too weak
> modulationâ. I heard
> about, that there is "INS" active??

Yes, the Irian Jaya signals were well above threshold yesterday evening.  Fak-Fak on 4790 was what could be called "strong" compared with previous days and also on 4870 and 4604.95 there were signals noted. They were the strongest around 2020 UTC.  No ID's heard from these last two but as Aart Rouw pointed out already, they had all the characteristics of an Irian Jaya signal.  Unfortunately, they were already faded away at 2100 so, no Coconut song was noted.

73,

Guido.