[HCDX] Logs

Hi
Last night was kinda interesting.
Using the Drake R4A and the 50' southbound wire heard Zambia on 4910 rather well.Went to use RX320 and got Radio Difusora from Brasil on 4915 even better.
Zambia was s-7 or better on R4A,Radio Difusora was about s-6 or so .
The R4a has some weak tubes so to hear Zambia so well on it,the signal must have been very strong .
On another note,I have been thinking of some new antenna ideas , I have done the dipoles,verticals ,and long wires,but with my new house here I have side yard and backyard to play with now. My main directions for receiving seem to be to the east and south. Any ideas on a low cost new kind of antenna that isn't a dipole,longwire or vertical?
Thanks
Chris
Dxing from Kentucky using Drake R4A,TenTec RX320,150 ft longwire at 60 degrees,50 ft wire at 165 degrees.
Nothing but linux used on this machine by me .
http://members.tripod.com/~swlchris