Re: [HCDX] RFPI Eviction

RFPI (I quote) has trained over 300 peace journalist
who now work all over
the world, RFPI (I quote) runs courses in Peace
Journalism and Progressive
Media through Radio, RFPI (I quote) specializes in the
monitoring and
documenting of hate radio and the use of media by
extremist groups.

Let's take a closer look at the last statement. From
their UN programming one would think that the RFPI
outlook was global in scope, but actual listening
shows that the focus is limited to the USA.

Here is RFPI?s list of study targets.

PRIVATE U.S. SHORTWAVE BROADCAST STATIONS
Call letters	Location	Designator	Special Notes
WSHB 	SC 	R/MN 	Owned by Christian Science Monitor
WCSN 	ME 	R 	Sold by C.S.M. to another religious group

KGEI 	CA 	R
KJES 	NM 	R 	Cultish sounding program
KTBN 	UT 	R 	Part of Trinity Broadcasting network
KNLS 	AK 	R
KWHR 	HI 	R 	Sister station to WHRI
WHRI 	IN 	R/RFR 	Has 100,000 watt capacity
KCBI 	TX 	R/RFR 	Rumored Dr. Gene Scott silent partner

WEWN 	AL 	R 	Four 500,000 transmitters
WINB 	PA 	R/RFR 	Pastor Pete Peters considering buying

WJCR 	KY 	R 	Small church station 50,000 watts
WMLK 	PA 	R 	Owned by Assemblies of Yahweh
WRMI 	FL 	P/PFR 	Anti-Castro broadcaster
WRNO 	LA 	P/R/PFR/RFR 	One 50,000 watt transmitter
WWCR 	TN 	P/R/PFR/RFR 	Three 100,000 watt transmitters

WYFR 	FL 	R

Per the RFPI website, these are stations susceptible
of airing ?far right? radio, a.k.a. ?hate radio?.

So who is then trying to be mean to such a
'progressive' entity as RFPI?
Well, perhaps the Colombian paramilitary groups, or...
eh, on second thought perhaps it?s not them after all:

"There have been recent concerns that the violence of
Colombia's civil
war may be spilling over into Costa Rica, including
the possibility of
paramilitary groups from Colombia operating
in-country. While details
remain very sketchy, it doesn't seem they are involved
in the RFPI
siege; the initial report cites 'guards from the
University of Peace,'
where RFPI has its studios."
(http://www.diymedia.net/archive/0703.htm#072303)

I have tuned in to their unauthorized frequencies on
many occasions, listening to their homebrew Far Right
Radio Review, and I have listened to some of their
Spanish language programs (including those on female
emancipation), none of which I deemed worth the while.

An exception to their dull programming is WOR (World
of Radio), but this program has been and is still
aired elsewhere, including stations considered by RFPI
as outlets of ?hate radio?.

I won't miss RFPI.

Henrik Klemetz

Gå före i kön och få din sajt värderad på nolltid med Yahoo! Express
Se mer på: http://se.docs.yahoo.com/info/express/help/index.html