[HCDX] FM DX tropo log for today to Ottawa and other ON and presumably western NY places

[HCDX] FM DX tropo log for today to Ottawa and other ON and presumably western NY places

Tropo noted today in Ile-Perrot and Cap Saint-Jacques (Île-Perrôt is on the Montéregie - Surroit part - limit) and Cap Saint-Jacques in the north-western part of the Montreal island using both the car-radio when in the car with my father driving and the Sangean radio and it`s telescopic whip. Some of it sounded like e-skip and had fairly rapid fading a bit like Saul Chernos and Joe Fela noted :

89.7 unID, man talk mixing with the Dorval Airport station, sounded like an American station, possibly a MS burst ?
89.9 CHIT  "The New Hot 89 9 - Ottawa`s Number One Hit Music Station" (Ottawa, ON)
90.7 unID NPR outlet (didn`t heard legal ID at 6 PM when in the car en route from Île-Perrôt to Cap Saint-Jacques, but multiple IDs for several NPR stations in the NY state, noone of them familiar to me; did copy the "North County Public Radio" slogan; they had a newscast at 6 PM (EDT) about the Saudi Arabian responsabilities in the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks and on searching for Saddam Hussein.
91.5 unID NPR outlet, often atop CIRA (Radio Ville Marie) ACI`s QRM
93.1 unIDs, one w/ Indian music and another w/ pop music
93.7 unID w/ pop music; sometimes very strong on fading ups, but often extremely weak and moderate ACI from local CBMX-93.5 make it even tougher to listen to
93.9 CKKL Boom FM (Ottawa, ON) new format with only music from the 80`s and 90`s or at least it seem like that unless a program on "Cool 93 dot 9".
95.5 unID sounded like a public radio broadcast, NPR or CBC, but not // 90.7 or 93.5 (didn`t check 88.5, perphaps it was CBC Radio One ??)
98.1 CBOF6 (Cornwall, ON) La Première Chaîne de Radio-Canada // local CBF-95.1; the audio is a bit weird, sounds like an AM broadcast retransmitted on FM with a slightly distorted sound, not an FM sound like 95.1
100.3 CJMJ "Magic 100" (Ottawa, ON)
104.5 CFLG "Variety 104" (Cornwall, ON) usually an extremely weak semi-local, was in with local-like quality on the Cap Saint-Jacques beach using my Sangean 606 portable around 7 PM
106.1 CHEZ (Ottawa, ON) presumed w/ classic rock; weaker than usually during such tropo condx

I tried to get CHFI from Toronto wich is on 98.1 and 98.1 is one of the most open channels here, but found CBOF6 at local like quality instead, a bad surprise as I get noise-level reception at a barely-audible level basically all the time, just like with 104.5; otherwise was nice to get all these Ottawans especially CHIT wich I did listen for a good 7 or 8 minutes (I heard 2 or 3 songs; the first I tuned in at it`s end when the announcer started to talk sounded like a soca song, the kind of music you usually hear on ZIZ-555 in St. Kitts and Nevis for those who do AM DX).

Before I forgot I should also mention that 7 or 8 days before going to that damned camp in Lac Beauport (in the Quebec City area) (on Friday, June 20) I heard a great E-skip opening on the car radio wich what seemed like a syndicated oldies program on 93.9 and 93.1 (both stns were in //), though the 93.9 and maybe the 93.1 had local slogans beetwen the tunes and network DJ announcements and I also heard a rock station briefly overriding semi-local WYUL-94.7 along with other stations I don`t remember right now, a few of them were above 100 MHz and one of them as high as 107.7 (I have a semi-local on 107.9, VPR from Burlington, Vt) making it the e-skip experience with the highest MUF, the only problem is that the computer didn`t worked then so I couldn`t send informations on this opening to the list. Also when I returned from the camp and I founded out that UK DX`ers heard TA DX via double and triple-hop sporadic-E on FM (respectively David Hamilton in Scotland and Paul Logan in North Ireland), I was way too excited to report that Es here that occured on June 20.

Well, that`s it for now !
If we don`t manage to repair the Sanyo radio maybe I could give it to a DX`er that can take a look at it, maybe Dario Monferini - a great Italian DX`er who come to Montreal in the beginning of August (very, very soon) and who will probably come to our house if my parents say yes.
73 and good DX,
Bogdan Alexandru Chiochiu