[HCDX] RNZI on MW to Australia -- I have yet to run the numbers...

[HCDX] RNZI on MW to Australia -- I have yet to run the numbers...

If RNZI were to get the funds to construct a 100 kw MW transmitter at 90
Mile Beach, coupled with the proper reflectors and skywave guides [&& an all
sea path] ... a great deal of NSW, VIC, NCT and QLD could be covered. It is
only a 2 or 3 hop path on MW to reach the important populated parts of
Australia. [Evening and Nighttime service only!]

ABB Infocom, now called Thales, could modify the RIAS Berlin skywave antenna
[base design] to something that could accomplish the above with little
difficulty. The reflectors will be costly, as I would want the RF energy
concentrated into a 45 degree region.

Mind you the frequency should ideally be around 1500 kHz, to reduce the
design costs.

The moral here is that you don't always have to reach other nations with SW
all the time.
[Europe and Gulf States are excluded in my argument here]

SADLY, RNZI IS NOT ON SKY TV SERVICE IN AUSTRALIA!