[HCDX] Radio Sawa via VOA/IBB site in Morocco, COST = 200, 000, 000 USD (estimated)

[HCDX] Radio Sawa via VOA/IBB site in Morocco, COST = 200, 000, 000 USD (estimated)

According to "History of International Broadcasting" (volume 2) VOA / IBB
Morocco #3 cost 200 Million USD, and is supposed to have a lifespan of 50
years. Some 16,000 m of rigid coax cable was used to link the transmitters
to the curtain arrays. In any case VOA's Arabic and Persian services (and
African Language Services) should boom in for a very long time -- this relay
station's capabilities are possibly only equaled by DW's Werarchtal in
Bavaira.

[Tangier was #1 (decommissioned), Morocco #2 (turned over to Moroccan
govt?), Morocco #3 (new since 1996)]

== from message ==
I just received an e-mail from a DX`er called Bob Montgomery that did point
to me the Radio Sawa transmitter on 12010 was from Marocco not from the
Phillipines (the PWBR do not list any Maroccan station on this channel, and
the Phillipines seemed to me the most likely outlet of all the stations
listed on 12010 in PWBR).