Re: [HCDX] Clarification needed on some stations....

Re: [HCDX] Clarification needed on some stations....

ARC ? SWB América Latina
bjornmalm2003@xxxxxxxxx
Björn Malm, La Prensa 4408 y Vaca de Castro,
Quito, Ecuador  (+593 2) 2598 470
JRC 535 ? HF 150. MFJ 616 ? MFJ 1025.
12m LW + 24m LW + Longwire Magnetic Balun

Hola Amiga DXista Gloria!

3/9 0330 UTC had a station speaking german giving ID as "Deutschlandfunk" on 6190.02 kHz. I have never heard german on that freq. here in Quito before. Nothing to do with your logging on 6195 kHz, I just want to tell you!

Here in Quito I sometimes have Nigeria(Tent.) on 4769.98 kHz closing down early, I think it was 0000 UTC(1900 local time Quito).

73s from....
Bjorn Malm
Quito, Ecuador.

"Gloria R. Lalumia" <grlnj@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I was listening last night (Mountain Time) and picked up a couple of
interesting stations. When I did the research, I came up with a couple
of "discrepancies." Any explanation would be appreciated...

Sat AM 9/6
0508 UTC on 6195 ---"ragtime piano" followed by German female
announcer, heard her say "Deutsche Welle." When I checked EIBI, I came
up with the BBC : I did not see any listing for DW at that time, so was
I listening to a German broadcast from the BBC, and if so, why did the
announcer say "Deutsche Welle"???
Very clear reception

0500 0600 G BBC (Europe) E Eu 6195s 9410s
WEu 6195r 9410s

>From 0511-0600 and still on when I turned it off: 4770 farily strong, but "muffled" with increasing static.
In English, I heard reports about houses lost in a landslide and the need for assisstance;
a report on Liberia; a report on Colin Powell trying to get other countries into Iraq;
something about Governor Sharif (sp?) and bandits and a convoy of Americans; problems with the Constitution
and something about a new Constitution in December; by 0530 almost impossible to hear
anything over the static. Then at 0558 I tuned in again, short musice, and then at 0600 the
station was ID's as "Radio Nigeria."
HOWEVER, when I checked at EIBI I found:

0430 1915 NIG Radio Nigeria Abuja E.. NIG 909 7275
0430 2305 NIG FRCN Kaduna E,Vn NIG 4770 6090

4770 is FRCN Kaduna, on at the same time, not supposed to be Radio Nigeria!!

Any insights into these two discrepancies?

Also, at 0507 I picked up on 6125 SODRE, which is from URG Uruguay, I believe,
according to EIBI. The station was playing soft jazz and the announcer was speaking Spanish.

Fianally, up until a week or so agao, Radio New Zealand on 11820 and Radio Australia on 15515
were coming in like they were from next door around 0500, but NZ has "disappeared" and RA is
coming in poorly in terms of signal strength. I'm in Southern New Mexico.

Gloria

Visíta Yahoo! Noticias.