Re: [HCDX] Clarification needed on some stations....

Re: [HCDX] Clarification needed on some stations....

> 0508 UTC  on 6195  ---"ragtime piano" followed by German female
> announcer, heard her say "Deutsche Welle." When I checked EIBI, I came
> up with the BBC :  I did not see any listing for DW at that time, so was
> I listening to a German broadcast from the BBC, and if so, why did the
> announcer say "Deutsche Welle"???
That would be a sensation. BBC German is only on FM (I'm happy to live in
Leipzig, one of the few cities served). Either it is something brand new, or a
tx switching error, or some spurious in your receiver. It's right that DW
shouldn't be there. 6190 Deutschlandfunk, from tx in Berlin, has not enough
power to be *that* strong in NM on 6195.

> 0430 1915       NIG Radio Nigeria Abuja     E.. NIG 909 7275
> 0430 2305       NIG FRCN Kaduna            E,Vn NIG 4770 6090

"FRCN" is Federal Radio Corporation of Nigeria. It is quite common for them
to relay central news, from Lagos, or nowadays maybe Abuja (Lagos used to be
Kaduna's "sister" station on 4990). Not only in these joint broadcast FRCN
stations often ID as "Radio Nigeria", so it was definitely Kaduna you listened
to.
I think I should replace the official "FRCN" by "Radio Nigeria" in my list
for clarification.

> Also, at 0507 I picked up on 6125  SODRE, which is from URG  Uruguay, I
> believe,
> according to EIBI. The station was playing soft jazz and the announcer was
> speaking Spanish.

Actually there is another valid entry which seems to be mory likely -
although less exotic:
0500 0600       E   Radio Ext. de Espana    S   NAm 6055 6125/CTR

I.e. Spanish National Radio from Costa Rica... sorry for that.

73,
EiBi

--
Eike Bierwirth
04317 Leipzig, DL

*** Find the current overall shortwave schedule
*** on http://www.eibi.de.vu/
capercaillie@xxxxxxx