[HCDX] Zanzibar isn`t where it seems

Scott Barbour wrote:

``As I mentioned in the last line of my log, the signal was best heard on the
frequency I listed. Tuning any higher to V. of  Tanzania-Zanzibar's listed
frequency of 11734, resulted in a nasty het. It is what it is!``

No, it isn`t! From what you say it looks as if you, among other relatively new
DXers, have fallen into the trap of reporting off-tuned frequencies as
displayed on your readout rather than the true carrier frequency of the
station. ONLY the latter should be given as a station`s frequency, because that
is where it really is, regardless of interference problems, which you may then
detail with e.g. the necessity for off-tuning. The carrier frequency can easily
be determined by using the BFO/SSB/CW setting; cannot easily be determined on
receivers lacking that (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

http://antispam.yahoo.com/whatsnewfree

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.