[HCDX] Re: Kenwood R-2000 RIT Mod?

Hi Chuck,
   I was the originator of the mod and did it to my R-2000 in 1983 but don't
remember the exact specifics anymore. It was a matter of snipping a diode
and then attaching a wire from the disabled tone control pot. to somewhere
on the circuit board. It's a mod that requires a steady hand and small
tools.
  Have you seen the Kenwood website at
http://www.qsl.net/kc7bum/directory.html ? Maybe someone else on the R-2000
e-list may remember the specifics. Yes the mod for the RIT really helped
because the PLL tuning steps were to course, don't remember what it was
though. I will research it again and see what I come up with. Wonder if
Universal Radio remembers the mod?
  Glad you find my solar space and geomagnetic data sites useful.
Understanding propagation can really give you an edge over others that
don't.

73,
Thomas F. Giella, KN4LF
Plant City, FL, USA
EL87WX

Yaesu FT-840 & PSK31 Digital Mode E Group:
160 Meter Amateur Radio Resources & More: http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf.htm
Daily Solar Space Weather & Geomagnetic Data Archive:
http://www.kn4lf.com/kn4lf5.htm
Florida Space & Atmospheric Weather Institute:
http://www.kn4lf.com/fsawi.htm