RE: [HCDX] WRTH 2004. New approach.

> Is it impossible to agree on a standardised schedule interchange
> file format?
> Is it impossible to develop the compiling software application?

Of course it's possible. Unfortunately the world isn't run by computers
(yet). For all sorts of reasons, some broadcasters don't want their data
included in the public HFCC lists. Some want only certain data included. A
lot of it has to do with politics and business confidentiality. Even if
every shortwave broadcaster in the world did as you suggest, you would get
an incomplete listing, and maybe even deliberately misleading data.

That would lead to huge frustration on the part of the reader. You're
talking about a readership which includes people like the guy who once sent
me a fax from half way across the world to tell us we'd missed an asterisk
out of one line (the book had already been printed and distributed, so I
don't know what he expected us to do about it) :-)

Andy.

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.