Re: [HCDX] Re: Pakistan on 4955

Re Andy's message - the BBC have been speaking about
Eidul Fitr Day [the first day of Id al-Fitr] in news programmes today, and
this apparently signals the end of Ramadan fasting. It will be either
Wednesday or Thursday of this week.

Obviously, the new Pashto language service at 1445-1515 will precede the
Dari service at 1515-1545 on 4955. Only one SW transmitter is available at
1445, but perhaps 1260MW will also be used to carry Pashto as well as Dari.
Thanks for the update Andy.

73s Noel R. Green [Blackpool, UK]

Subject: FW: [HCDX] Re: Pakistan on 4955

> > And via 270deg  4955  is used to carry the Dari Service at 1515-1545 //
> > 5860, also Islamabad 100kW 270deg.
>
> Actually that is about to change. This received literally minutes ago from
> BBCM quoting the Associated Press of Pakistan (APP) news agency:
>
> Islamabad, 25 November: Services of Radio Pakistan is introducing a new
> Pashto language service for Pashto speaking people in Afghanistan from
Eidul
> Fitr Day [the first day of Id al-Fitr]. According to a radio press
release,
> the programmes would go on air daily for half an hour from 1945 - 2015
(PST)
> [1445 - 1515 gmt] on frequency 4955 kHz/60 metre band on shortwave.
>
> I don't know when Eidul Fitr Day is, but I assume soon :-)
>
> Andy.

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.