[HCDX] Unid in French on 2311.5

On 30 Nov at 1817 noted a very weak station in French on 2311.5
with AM modulation. The format sounded like "news/talk". I started
looking for parallels and am pretty sure the program was from
Europe 1 (// 183 longwave). 2311.5 was cut off at 1903. After some
calculating I couldn't figure out the formula how this mixture (?)
is produced. It might be the receiver internal mix, but the 183
transmitter is no powerhouse here. And at 1903 the transmission
on 2311.5 went off at once, not fading out. Well, this may be one
of those spookies never coming back again. The receiver used
was Icom R71E. Any ideas/observations?
Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski
Finland

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.