[HCDX] Loggings from Victoria, BC

I've been away from the receiver for a few months. Don't think I've missed much, though. Here are a few loggings from tonight. Reception was rather good for a change:

IRAN 9580, 0103-, VOIRI Dec 4 Finally some decent reception noted. VOIRI with ID by YL at 0105 in English. Initially tuned in at about 00:45 with SIO of 4-5-4. Unfortunately, CRI via Havana which was cochannel after 0100, initially at low level, completely overwhelmed Tehran by 0110. Also in English, with it's own CRI ID in English at 01:13. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

USA 5105.22, 0330-, WBCQ Dec 4 Strange Christian programming, the 'Apocolapse Chronicles' in USB mode, off nominal 5105. Strong signal. Parallel to stronger 9329.63 LSB, but not to 7415. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

USA 5919.98, 0332-, WBOH Dec 4 Presumed WBOH here with lively preacher, with a ?Lusaka, Georgia address given at 0344. I note that ILG lists 5770 for them. Fair to good reception, but best on LSB. USB seems to suffer from some noise. LSB nicely in the clear. I didn't wait around for an ID. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.