Re: [HCDX] Question about Minidisc recorders

Re: [HCDX] Question about Minidisc recorders

 > I do a lot of recording with the MD (mostly all Sony's).  I have heard
the
> same once or twice in the past.  Seems to me that the noise came from the
> LCD display, and then only if it was immediately adjacent the
> receiver/antenna.  A few cm away, and the problem disappeared.  I use a 1m
> patch chord, and have never suffered any interference that way.

I agree Walter

I have the Sharp MD-MT180 which I bought in Den Haag last year and I must
say that it is prone to the odd interference.  I find that moving the leads
around and putting the mini-disk as far away from the receiver usually does
the trick.

I wouldn't be without mine. It is a great dx tool. In LP4 mode I can get 320
minutes of recording on a single disk. It sure beats the old C-90 cassette
tapes. My only complaint is that if you are on a dx trip, then you need to
recharge the battery on a regular basis. In the manual it says that you can
record for 12.5 hours on a standard battery, however I find it less than
that.

Cheers
Dave Onley
Myrtleford - NE Victoria, Australia

Moderator Australian MW Group
http://www.topica.com/lists/mwoz/

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.