Re: [HCDX] SWB: 4722.86 kHz unID Bolivia heard in 3 continents!

Re: [HCDX] SWB: 4722.86 kHz unID Bolivia heard in 3 continents!

Thanks for the audio file, Björn.
The ID is not difficult to locate on the file. It is
not particularly garbled either. But it´s hard to
understand. Without a geographic knowledge of the area
it´s all but impossible to get. To me it´s Radio
Uncía. Anyone will find it on a decent Bolivian map.
Time will tell if this is it. Checking out Uncía on
the web I find that the Potosí Tomás Frías University
opened a local branch in this town the other year. The
FM frequency is anybody´s guess, but it ends in .3
Henrik Klemetz

 --- malm-ecuador <bjornmalm2003@xxxxxxxxx> skrev: >
SWB/ARC América Latina
> bjornmalm2003@xxxxxxxxx
> Bjorn Malm, Quito, Ecuador
> K-index, A-index y SolarFlux en este preciso
> momento:
> http://dx.qsl.net/propagation/propagation.html
>
> 4722.86 kHz  unID Bolivia "Radio Mejía"(????)
>
> Quito 18/Dic/2003 13:39
> Amigos DXistas Jan Edh, Robert Wilkner, Célio Romais
> and Henrik Klemetz!
>
> Thanks to Jan, Robert, Célio and Henrik for your
> mails. Yesterday I sent information about this
> station. This unID station was heard at the same
> time
> in Ecuador, Sweden, USA and Brasil. I have just
> finished listening to a recording I made last night.
>
> Thanks also to Henrik Klemetz for his information(in
> portugues). I o not understand portugues very well
> but
> I think Henrik says that it could be Radio Yura. On
> the other hand says Robert Wilkner in Florida, USA
> that Radio Yura that night(??) was on their normal
> frequency, NOT on 4722.86 kHz.
>
> I do not know the name and QTH of the station but
> you
> can listen to a recording of ID at SWB(I´m sending
> the
> recording to Thomas Nilsson/SWB at the same time as
> this mail).
>
> "....centro de producción radiofónica SEPRA",
> "....red
> de participación ciudadana y control social....".
> "Radio Mejía(???)....4700 kcs banda de 60
> metros....1__,3(???) frecuencia modulada....".
> "Radio
> Regional(???) de.....regional....para construcción
> de
> un mundo mrjor....Radio Mejía(???) en su nueva onda
> 4700 kcs banda de 60 metros onda corta". Sounds to
> me
> a FM station that has started a new transmitter on
> shortwave(".....en su nueva onda 4700 kcs.....").
>
> 73s Bjorn Malm, Quito, Ecuador   SWB América Latina.
>
> NRD 535 ? HF 150. MFJ 616 ? MFJ 1025.
> Ant. 1: "Horizontal Sloped Inverted L" 18 meters
> Ant. 2: "Horizontal Sloped Inverted L" 36 meters
> + Magnetic Longwire Balun
>
> (you can use my information giving credit to:
>  Bjorn Malm, Quito, Ecuador  SWB/ARC América Latina)
>

> Could it be Radio Yura? I have a long recording so I
> will try tomorrow to get an ID. Up to 0000 UTC much
> talking both spanish and indian language. Said one
> time "Radiofonico SEPRA" but if it was an ID I do
> not
> know. After 0100 UTC nonstop music, mostly mexican
> and
> some cumbias. Yura have always been under 4720 kHz
> as
> far as I know(Bjorn Malm).

> Información de Estados Unidos y América Latina, en
> Yahoo! Noticias.
> Visítanos en http://noticias.espanol.yahoo.com
> ---[Start Commercial]---------------------
>
> World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder
> yours now! Only $20.97 through us.

> [...]
http://dsl.org/copyleft/dsl.txt

Höstrusk och grå moln - köp en resa till solen på Yahoo! Resor på adressen http://se.docs.yahoo.com/travel/index.html

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is coming out! Preorder yours now! Only $20.97 through us.