Re: [HCDX] Technical question

Hi aimo,

Its great stuff,

http://www.qsl.net/wa1ion/bev/bb_antenna_matching.pdf

(as mentioned by Vesa Rinkinen)

and

http://www.g4nsj.co.uk/ferrite.shtml

Thats quite simple, you wrap the lead around the ring.

Ive put ferrite rings on all of the cables around the room so far, been having excellent reception, less interference, noticeably better/cleaner reception than before.

About the computer interference, yes, I have to turn the computer off. I often use my scanner to receive satellite data, such as weather etc, most of them are on the band of the 137mhz. As I turn the computer on, specially on 137.050, I can clearly listen the processor working.

So I have a problem. I have to print all satellite predictions for the day, turn the computer off, record on a minidisc, then connect the minidisc to the computer and *then* decode the data.

When what I should be doing is predicting/decoding it in real time.

Not sure what to do to isolate the interference from the processor, on the PC is unbearable, on the mac isnt that bad but theres no software to do what I do on the PC, or it isnt just as good. Not sure if a laptop causes less interference than a desktop PC, still looking for a solution on that.

Good luck !

Cheers

Rove Monteux

aimo ruoho wrote:

Hi!
Nice to read, that you got help from the ferrite rings. What did you do?
Sorry, I do not know, how to get rid of Computer interference. I just close the PC, if I want to check the bands. If you learn, what to do, would you tell me, too?

73 de Ami(go), HI!