[HCDX] Re:WWW.FREETRANSLATION.COM

From: tom messer <mclinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [HCDX] Re:WWW.FREETRANSLATION.COM
I forgot who gave me the tip re : WWW.FREETRANSLATION.COM, but this has
been a real godsend for me. For  FREE, this web site will translate
English to whatever languges you need to send a decent reception report
to one of the many radio stations that now have E-mail #'s Also this
This website also offers HUMAN TRANSLATION for a fee, but I hope the
Computerized version is enough for the QSL card .

Allow me to end your dream. If you used this web site for any translation you may have wanted, the result will have been so unintelligible that no station will answer your mail. I'm sure that you would never answer any mail written in a kind of English produced by a computerised translation from another language.
At most machine translation can be used to have an idea what a text is all about, but never ever to really know what has been written.
The human language is so vastly complex that computers may never be able to master it (which is why they use the easy and artificial binary language).

To prove my point: I have asked the web site to translate the first three sentences of my mail from Dutch into English:

"Me closed you stand from your dream to get. If you this webstek have uses for whichever translation you wanted, than will the result so inconceivable be that no station your e-mail will answer. I am it certainly of that you self never an answer would steer on an e-mail that in a kind English has been written that by a computer translation was produced."

Would you answer such a mail?

73

- Herman Boel -
www.emwg.info

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.