[HCDX] some more logs

Hi all,

4760.0, AIR Chennai, 1600-1630 with English, 1630 ID 'Akashvani Port
Blair He' followed by annoucemant in Hindi. Then back into English and a
short piece by Ustad Zakhir Hussain and Sultan Khan. Fair signal with
slow fades getting slightly stronger towards 1700. (T.Roth-Kathmandu)

4790.0, Azad Kashmir Radio, 1700 with international news in Kashmiri,
mention of Bin Laden, Bush, Musharraf etc. Very nice signal tonight with
some slow and deep fading but overall very good. Slight RTTY QRM but no
problem. (T.Roth-Kathmandu)

4980.0, Xinjiang Radio, 1710 in supposed Uighur with lots of 'folksy'
choral singing, weak to fair. // 3990 and 6120 equally strong.
(T.Roth-Kathmandu)

5080.3, PBC Islamabad, 1720 in Urdu with female host and lots of talk.
Frequent mention of Kathmandu, Nepal and 'Mao'. Possibly a news bit
about the bomb that went off this morning, alledgedly planted by Maoist
rebels, just round my corner. Surprisingly weak for the 100KW they are
supposedly using. I wonder where they're beaming. (T.Roth-Kathmandu)

73 de Thomas

--
 A wise man makes his own decisions
  A weak one obeys public opinion

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.