[HCDX] Sudan - Radio Peace and SIRS

Radio Peace, Nuba Mountains, Southern Sudan.
Thanks to Andy Sennitt in HCDX leading me to the right way.
I did some research in the internet about this station and found
some sites. I also contacted various religious groups involved in
setting up the station. The replies were, so to say, short-worded,
but it seems the station on 4750  (1kW) is located in Southern Sudan.
Some links to the pages about Radio Peace:
---------------
PPF:
http://www.persecutionproject.org/resources/radios/radios.htm

And here's their reply to my reception report:

---quote---
Hello Jari,

Yes, this is our Radio program - Radio Peace - broadcasting from transmitter
located inside southern Sudan.  Our website is www.persecutionproject.org.

Thanks,

Golda Atkins
PPF Administrative Coordinator
---unquote---

---------------

BFO (Blessings for Obedience) Radio Free Sudan site:
Propagation models for sw station in Sudan (using 3.2 MHz)
http://www.bfosouth.org/bfosouth/rfs/propagation_models.htm

And here's their reply to my reception report:

---quote---
Hi Jari,

     Radio Peace is a new shortwave outreach of the SPLA (Sudan People's
Liberation Movement).  Our
 engineers helped them to construct the station.  We will be back in touch
with you regarding QSL infor-
 mation.  Thank you for the report from Finland!

                                                                  Blessings,
                                                          Mr. Kelly Coleman
                                                          Radio Free Sudan
---unquote---

-------------

MVN (see Nov 2003)
http://www.google.fi/search?q=cache:saqHFUMmE5MJ:www.missionvisionnetwork.or
g/clipboard.htm+%22pete+stover%22+%22mike+taylor%22&hl=fi&ie=UTF-8

-------------

E-mail from Peter Stover (EMC) about the station in 2003:
http://leden.tref.nl/~ende0098/pages/archive/articles/20030707c.htm

-------------

Bestworx (the supplier of studio/transmitter equipment)
see Realized Projects
http://www.bestworx.com/E_frame.html

-------------

In addition, I got some info from Southern Sudan, that there is a
50kW transmitter (shortwave I think) under construction very near
the Radio Peace installation. My source describes it as "South
Sudan Government" station. I'm unable to contact him at the moment
to get more detailed information. I wonder if this will be the planned
SIRS (Sudan Independent Radio Service) to replace the Sudan Radio
Service transmissions from various relay sites. See
http://www.dot-com-alliance.org/newsletter/sudan.html

73
Jari Savolainen
Kuusankoski
Finland

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.