[HCDX] CHINA R INT. via KASHI-KASHGAR

I just heard China Radio International via their new transmitter site KASHI-KASHGAR signing on 14 UTC on 9560 kHz with programme in English. Credit goes to the World DX Bulletin of the club magazine Radiomaailma (Radioworld) of the Finnish DX Association and ( R BUL Observer, Ivo Ivanov and Angel Datzinov via BC-DX Feb27) Topnews.

Before S/ON of CRI on 9560 kHz I heard " Radio National". Pretty obvious it was R Australia.

My OXford Dictionary tells about KASHGAR: "(also KAXGAR or KASHI) the chief commercial centre of western XINJIANG autonomous region, China, and chief city of Chinese Turkestan, on the Kashgar River; pop. (1986) 202 000. Situated at the junction of several routeways across Asia including the ancient SILK ROAD , it was for centuries a fertile oasis of the arid western Tarim Basin. Textiles, rugs, and jewellery and manufactured"

73´s

Jouko Huuskonen
Turku FINLAND

-

73´s and happy DX!

Jouko Huuskonen
Turku FINLAND

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.