[HCDX] Radio Guaruja FM

BRAZIL.    3230 kHz,    Radio Guaraja FM- Santos, SP, July 29, 0140 UTC.
Thanks to the log of Michael Schnitzer in HCDX, I was able to ID this
station by listening to their website. The live audio on the website was
less than 5 seconds behind the SW broadcast. They were playing a mix of
music and talk. Possible ads were heard around the 0200 ToH. The station was
better at tune in than at 0200 when a lot of background noise was heard.
Their signal is very strong and holds up well against the summer static and
previously mentioned background noise. I would guess the power to be around
the 5 kW mark. At 0207 they played "Somewhere Out There" by a male/female
duo whose name escapes me at the moment. At 0220 it was a female singing (in
English) Bryan Adams' "Everything I Do I Do It for You". Last night they
played Phil Collins' "Another Day in Paradise" at 0324. Brazilian pops also
heard tonight.

73s-
John Sgrulletta
Mahopac, NY
NRD-515/K9AY

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out! Only $20.97 through us.