[HCDX] Filipino morning of DX

Greetings everyone,

Finally the filipinos are showing up in quality. It has been not been
the best Fall for filipinos, until this morning. There were quite a few
logged this morning, but no new ones. But at least they are showing up.

531     JAPAN, Morioka, JOQG, very good with JJ talk over UNID filipino
at 1415 10/13. (PM-OR)
531     PHILIPPINES, UNID, sounded like the same filipino I have been
trying to ID for years, but JOQG was too strong and no ID that I could
tell in conversation, talking to a caller at 1415 10/13. (PM-OR)
540     PHILIPPINES, Tagalog talk in the jumble. Possible DYRB, as I
have logged it in the past. This at 1410 10/13. (PM-OR)
549     JAPAN/PHILIPPINES, a mix of JJ and Tagalog talk at 1418 10/13.
(PM-OR)
558     JAPAN, Kobe JOCR, really nice with JJ pops at 1350 10/13.
(PM-OR)
558     PHILIPPINES, Pasig DZXL, great signal, like the old days with
man and woman in Tagalog, then "DZXL"  mnentioned in conversation a
couple of times at 1421 10/13. I was hoping for one of their old fanfare
ID's. Those are fun with the echo chamber. (PM-OR)
567     JAPAN/PHILIPPINES, most JOIK, but bits of filipino talk
underneath at 1411 10/13. (PM-OR)
576    UNID, this UNID station was playing soft piano music everything I
went by it at several tries between 1351-1434, but no talking 10/13
(PM-OR)
585    PHILIPPINES/JAPAN, etc. a jumble of stations at 1403 10/13.
(PM-OR)
594    PHILIPPINES, Quezon City, DZBB, finally topping JOAK with man in
Tagalog with phone caller, mention of "DZBB" in conversation at 1428
10/13. This one would be more common if it wasn't for the JJ. (PM-OR)
603     PHILIPPINES/JAPAN, mostly JJ, but some filipino talk at 1432
10/13 (PM-OR)
t612     PHILIPPINES, Cebu City DYHP, really strong with contest of some
kind. At one point the ancr mentioned "Cebu", but other than that no ID
at 1417 10/13. This is likely as DYHP is the most common station heard
here, plus Cebu stations are fairly easy, with quite a few logged
through the years. This was almost armchair copy at times!  (PM-OR)
621    PHILIPPINES/UNIDS, patches of filipino talk at 1435 10/13.
(PM-OR)
630     AUSTRALIA, Townsville 4QN, one of the few Australians this
morning with ABC News at 1401 10/13, topping the channel. (PM-OR)
639    JAPAN/PHILIPPINES, a mix of the two here, but mostly JJ at 1408
10/13. (PM-OR)
648    UNIDs, a garbled mess of stations and someone off freq with a
terrible squeal on the channel noted off and on 10/13. (PM-OR)
657     PHILIPPINES/CHINA/DR KOREA, a mess of three stations at 1412
10/13 (PM-OR)
666     PHILIPPINES, Makati, MM, DZRH, good on top of JJ with man
mentioning  "666 DZRH" a couple of times at 1423 10/13 (PM-OR)
t675    CHINA, CC talk at 1420 10/13, Maybe Hohhot which has been logged
in the past. (PM-OR)
t684     JAPAN, Morioka JODF, may have been the JJ in the splatter at
1408 10/13. It sounded like the man ancr mentioned the IBC network, but
uncertain. (PM-OR)
693    JAPAN, Tokyo  JOAB, usual language lessons before 1400, then news
in EE at 1400 10/13 (PM-OR)
702    UNIDs, several stations here, but too garbled to catch much at
1412 10/13 (PM-OR)
711     UNID, music here at 1358 10/13 (PM-OR)
720     RUSSIA, Yuzhno Sakhalinsk, VOR in JJ, the best I have heard them
this season with man in JJ at 1420 10/13. This one has not been in much
this season for some reason. (PM-OR)
729    JAPAN, Nagoya JOCK, fair in hash at 1414 10/13. No some reason
this Fall there has been a hash on 729 in the mornings. Not on any other
freq. I have been wondering if Medford OR on 730 is running IBOC. It is
that same noise that you hear on adjacent freq from IBOC. I have checked
Boise (East) and when I switch to the Eastern beverage, no noise. At the
IRCA convention our group was told that 730-Boise is going IBOC.  The
only other station is Medford. The noise is not strong enough to wipe
out 729, but it does cause QRN.  (PM-OR)
738     TAIWAN, Penghu, Fishery station here at 1425 10/13 with woman in
slow sounded Cantonese //1143 (PM-OR)
747    JAPAN, Sapporo JOIB, fair but not nearly as strong as usual. At
1432 10/13 (PM-OR)
1179   PHILIPPINES/JAPAn, a mix here at 1402 10/13. (PM-OR)
1296    PHILIPPINES, Davao City, DXAB, fair in splatter at 1407 10/13
with female ancr "Call DXAB, your ABS/CBN station with you number, so
you can be entered into our contest" Caught at 641 prefix it sounded
like. Several mentions of "ABS/CBN". Unneeded, but nice to hear. (PM-OR)

Drake R8
EWE Antenna

Patrick Martin
Seaside  OR