[HCDX] Grayland North Friday Report.. gear..

>From the Southern tip of Vancouver Island...

My primary receiver is the Kenwood R2000
with a Collins filter in the narrow position.
(I would have to ask Nick Hall-Patch what the
 exact value is.. I think it might be 1.8Khz or something)

The second table-top is the venerable 1973 Radio Shack DX150B that
has been somwhat modified.. i.f. transfilters (Hall-Patch installed)
as well as a mechanical filter.

Antennas include a 4' square passive frame loop
built from 1" square pure unfinished Oak (Yes, I build them)
coupled to the receivers with Ferrite core matching
transformers (ah, thanks Nick.. again!)

The 4' loop tunes from 530khz to 1600khz with one capacitor!
I have a 3' loop on a, ahem, smaller frame that has twice
the turns (20) and a whopping 6-Gang 1800pf variable-capacitor.
It tunes down to about 95Khz.

Portables include the Sony 7600G and the Yacht-Boy 400PE..
Oh and a Radio Shack DX440 that is freakishly good on
splits..

Colin Newell
Victoria, B.C. Canada

World Radio TV Handbook 2004 is out!