[HCDX] Radio Rebelde on 600

Hello to all of you !

Right now at 0242 UTC, Radio Rebelde is in at good level, mixing with WICC on 600 kHz and playing Cuban salsa music, the first time this season. Maybe later, after midnight, La Nueva Radio Ya, YNLD, out of Nicaragua will pop up on 600 too. I was lucky enough to hear them on 3 occasions during the 2002-2003 season. I'd like to have them stronger and more reliable than just bits of audio I can ID just by paralleling them to their webcast on the Net. Well, we'll see... Tonight seems better the best night for LAm DX this season. Generally speaking, until now, this season has been poor at best toward Latin America and the Carribbean on MW (on the SW tropical bands it wasn't that good either). I hope things will continue to improve now as we get more and more darkness.

Also, Radio Vision Cristiana on 530 is excellent and almost local-like.

Bits of Radio Progreso on 640 too with domestic QRM.

I didn't checked other channels yet.

I'm interesed to hear from you, especially those of you who live in eastern or mid-western North America. What do you think about the actual AM Band DX season as far as Caribbean, central and South America is concerned. Also for the Europeans, how many trans-Atlantic Latins have you got. I know Radio Vibracion on 1470 from Carupano, Sucre used to be an easy YV catche. I heard it very loud on the Umea Web-controlled receiver 3 years and a half ago.

Fro those of you that don't know, this year is my 4th year as an AM Band DX'er. It was officially 4 years on October 3 when I got Spanish instead of WOR on 710, something I later identified as Radio Rebelde, my first Latin American MW catche and one of several early catches that gived to me the "bug" of AM Band DX'ing.

That's it for now !
I'm back at the radio dials
Bogdan Chiochiu in West Island Montreal (Pierrefonds-Est)