[HCDX] Logs from NH-USA, week ending Oct.24 (Using my new NW beverage!)

Printed out a Circle Map off the computer and erected
a 200 ft. 340 degree NW beverage antenna, aimed at PNG
and Indonesia (more or less) this past Tuesday using
#22 speaker wire, a 470 ohm carbon film resistor, 4
ft. ground rod and some cable clips for support. Total
investment at Radio Shack-$20 U.S. plus "sweat equity"
running it through the woods and over the stream in
the backyard. It runs through a RBA 4:1 balun to the
reciever that was previously attached to a RS longwire
kit.

Finally got a chance to try it out Friday AM and the
early returns are postive. Looking forward to more
DXing, Monday and Tuesday mornings. Hopefully some
Indo's will show up. Now that I know where to position
my antennas, I plan to reposition my MLB-1 too the
front yard, 90 degrees toward Africa. Hopefully this
will be an improvement.

3315, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, R.Manus, 1034-1047, Oct.22,
Vernacular, Announcer w/ breif talks b/w local
ballads. Weak/noisy. USB chatter on 3316 at 1043.
(Barbour-NH)

3335, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, R.East Sepik, 1012-1022,
Oct.22, Vernacular, OM w/ talks, very rough copy w/
local QRN; ocassional ute pulses and CHU-3330 slop
creating havoc. V.poor. (Barbour-NH)

3355, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, R.Simbu, 1048-1105, Oct.22,
Vernacular, OM w/ talks in Tok Pisin; continuos thru
t/out. Poor/fair w/ mild static. (Barbour-NH)

3905, PAPUA NEW GUINEA, R.New Ireland, 1111-1140,
Oct.22, Vernacular/English, Best of the bunch w/ YL w/
talks b/w local pops and ballads, tentative ID at 1128
followed by Bryan Adams, "I Need Somebody" in EG. More
local music and unid. EG tune at 1138. Fair at t/in,
fading under static by t/out. (Barbour-NH)

6055, RWANDA, R.Rwanda, 2048-2100, Oct.23,
Vernacular/French, YL w/ talks b/w and over
local/French pops and raps; several mentions of Rwanda
and Congo, plus a couple of listener phone calls.
Wiped out at 2100 sharp by co-channel NHK/R.Japan
s/on. Booming signal! (Barbour-NH)

Scott R Barbour Jr-Intervale,NH-USA
R75, MLB-1, 200 ft. beverage antenna