[HCDX] Loggings from Victoria, BC

After what seems like eternity, the bands have started to return to some semblance of normalcy. Here are a few stations recentlly heard at my location using my Ten Tec 340 and HF-2050. Please note for those interested, I do have several premium receivers on eBay under canswl, so please have a look if interested. Have a good week of dxing.........Walt.

CHINA 6950, 2235-, CNR Nov 19 Not sure of what Chinese service this is, but it's listed in B04 HFCC as Shijiazhuang with 100 kw and heard at fair to good level with usual CNR announcements at 22:30 tune in. 2 1/2 hours at least until local sunset, so a sure sign of winter propagation. My first SW log for several weeks with the terrible conditions of late. Easy to assume this is a pirate, so watch out!. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

AUSTRALIA 4835, 1454-, ABC VL8A Alice Springs Nov 20 Good reception with the Northern Territorial service. This frequency usually switches to 120 m at 0830, but has been on late for a few days. 4910 and 5025 are not on, though Instead // 2325 (Tennant Creek), and 2485 (Katherine) are where they usually are, both weakly heard. Fantastic dawn enhancement, with excellent reception at 15:15 with C & W music. ABC news at 15:30. Heard also Sunday past 1600, but faded out when rechecked at 1700. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

TAJIKISTAN 4635.05, 1519-, Tajik Radio Nov 20 A presumed logging, as I don't know who else it could be. Middle Asian music...to me a mixture of Indian and Arabic sounds. Somewhat muffly or wobbly. Fun to flip between my 340 and 2050 to see who can hear them best. Fair to good at times. First time I've heard them in the morning. In years past, I've heard them well at sign-on around 0130 during Soviet Union days while dxing with Beverage antennae at Sombrio Beach. I think the tx has deteriorated since then. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

FRANCE 15605, 1610-, RFI Nov 20 Excellent reception of RFI's English broadcast. A very slight echo is audible. Direct from Issoudun, to Africa. Parallel 15160 from Meyerton is heard a fair/good level, and 11615 is also direct from France, cochannel WYFR. Into Culture in France at 16:15 about Reunion. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)

UK 11935, 1653-, RCI Nov 20 Get it while you can. RCI Ukrainian service is to be discontinued from the end of the month. 11935 from Skelton is weakly heard here from 16:30 to 17:00 and 9555 is in parallel, also weakly heard from same tx site. (Salmaniw, Victoria, BC)