Re: [HCDX] Bangkok Meteorological Radio

Dear Jari,

Your message dated Wednesday, December 8, 2004  00:54 h Universal Time (UT):

> Most interesting and exciting catch to me was however
> Bangkok Meteorological Radio. It was heard 6th December
> on 6765 kHz USB at 1535 UTC. Interval signal caught my
> attention. They announced transmission times 0-2, 3-5,
> 6-8, 9-11, 12-14, 15-17, 18-20 and 21-23 GMT. On the
> announced frequency 8783.0 there was only a sound
> of telephone ringing and nobody cared to pick up. ;-)
> (Check it out yourselves.)

Yes, of course, this station has a funny interval signal. To me it
sounds european rather than asian.

B.T.W.: The exact frequencies are 6765.1 and 8743.0 kHz USB and the
station can be picked up here at my location on both frequencies,
however 8743.0 has the weaker signal. It fades in at late afternoon
around 1600 UT.

In 1998 I received a verification letter from:
Meteorologigal Department, Telecommunication Division, 4353 Sukhumvit
Road, Bangkok 10260, Thailand. v/s was Mr. Suparerk Tansriratanawong.

Best wishes, Uwe

QTH:  Hannover, Northern Germany, Old Europe
RX:   AOR AR7030 plus
ANT:  25m Longwire + RF Magnetic Balun