RE: Fwd: [Cumbre DX] FW: Re: [HCDX] FW: Sam Voron-Somalia test report from Finland.

Hi All: Again another change in the Radio Galkayo SW/FM sked: 0400-0600 and 0900 to 1900 GMT, FM 87.9 and SW 6980 (AM Mode). Radio Mogadishu is currently on SW: 6980, I have asked if one of the Radio Galkayo staff will call down to Mog and get the sked and E Mail address for you all.
Perhaps we may help with QSL from Mog? 73.

From: Hans Johnson <hans@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: Joe Talbot <n52w113@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Fwd: [Cumbre DX] FW: Re: [HCDX] FW: Sam Voron-Somalia test report from Finland.
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 04:12:48 -0500

Joe - What is the frequency you are on?

Hans

Begin forwarded message:

From: "Joe Talbot" <n52w113@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: December 14, 2004 1:19:45 AM GMT-05:00
To: cumbredx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wghauser@xxxxxxxxx, hard-core-dx@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, yahoo@xxxxxxxxxxx, ulis@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, ekusalik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dario.playdx@xxxxxxxxxxx, anker.petersen@xxxxxxxxxx, cidxqsl@xxxxxxxxx

Hello Everyone: Please this type of "report" is not wanted, this is a waste of station staffs time and an insult to ones intelligence! This is NO WAY to get a QSL. I am here at Radio Galkayo, the station female annoucers laughed at this "report". "We may be African, however NOT stupid".
Please we would love to receive your correct reception reports. I have completed repairs to the SW amp and transmitter, listeners are reporting very good signals across Somaila, into Kenya, Ethiopia, Djibouti and Yeman. FM antenna repairs are now also complete, the < 20 watts FM covers Galkayo town very well.
Radio Galkayo is the most popular station in the Horn of Africa, the "new" sked: 0400-0600 and 0900-1900, this change per the Asst. Director. I have reminded him that the aging transmitter and amp may not handle to new work load, the people have spoken "We Want Our Radio Galkayo.
Please tune in, we would be happy to hear from you. We have no mail service, but I will arrange that full data QSL letters be mailed by travellers going abroad. 73.

Joe Talbot VA6JWT, 6O0JT (6 Oscar Zero JT) Home: Red Deer, Alberta, Canada. N: 52-16-18 W: 113-48-46. Grid: DO32cg. Currently: Africa. 6O0JT Rx: Rockwell Collins HF-2050. JRC NRD 535D Kiwa Mods. Sony ICF 2010 Kiwa Mods. TCVR: Icom IC-706 MkIIG. Antennas: Beverage Array. Random Wires. Wellbrook K9AY. George Maroti K9AY. Phasing With MFJ 1026. High Sierra 1800 Pro/Outback Outpost. Various HF/VHF/UHF Beach Verticals. Icom AH-4 Auto Tuner.