Re: [HCDX] Non-English loggings

I'm thankful for the list and all those who contribute.  I'm sure the vast majority of the list members are anglophone.  I happen to also speak and write Ukrainian, and have a passing knowledge of French and Russian.  I have the distinct impression that a number of the list members seem to use the list to practice their Spanish language skills.  Personally, I'd prefer if they would practice elsewhere and stick to the language we otherwise all understand.  I agree with Risto that obvious loggings should be submitted in other common languages when the submitter does not have an adequate grasp of English, and the loggings can be deciphered easily.  When the lists are long and in Spanish, most of the time I've been hitting the delete button since I'm obviously missing all of the nuances of the language.  Fellas, take your practice elsewhere.  Then again, if there are no objections, perhaps I'll start posting my loggings in Ukrainian (just for the practice).......Walt Salmaniw, Victoria, BC.

--

World Radio TV Handbook 2006 is out.