[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs December 2-3

** ANGUILLA. Caribbean Beacon, a.k.a. Defunct Gene Scott, missing from 6090 at
0615 Dec 3, and also missing from 11775 at 1421 and 1743 checks. Now`s the time
to DX something else, especially on 6090, e.g. CHILE. BTW, on the remaining DGS
frequencies I seem to be hearing more music fill than usual (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. Spy letters Morse code, 1 kHz tones in AM on a frequency I had not
heard before, 6786, Dec 3 at 0623; previously on 5930, 5800 (Glenn Hauser, OK,
DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA. Cuba is jamming WORLD OF RADIO, as checked at 2235 UT Sat Dec 2 on
9955. I could almost recognize my voice under the pulsing and bubbling, and to
be sure checked the WRMI webcast, and yes, it was WOR 1338 at its new time.
Arnie, I wouldn`t dream of jamming DXers Unlimited, even if I could! How
fortunate you are to live in a country where your broadcasts are not jammed by
unfriendly neighbors! (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** CUBA [non]. Shortwave Dec-02 1644 1653 17660 Radio Martí Delano CA United
States 250 KW AM 32333 Spanish Drake R8 Communications Rcvr Swanannoa NC John P
(Shortwave Log Community via DXLD)

Had not noticed they were back up on 16m but not usually tuning around at this
hour. Not in HFCC; just shows YFR via Ascension during this hour to Africa. I
meant to check this at the same time on Dec 3, but forgot until 1740, when
there was no sign of anything whatsoever on 17660; surely if RM is using it
they would stay on it longer during the day (Glenn Hauser, OK, DXLD)

** GABON. ANU Le Buzz, 19160 harmonic, Dec 3 at 1500 at 10 over S9 level, also
with traces of speech underneath (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** JAPAN [and non]. Lately I have been noticing Japanese CCI to CRI in English
via Sackville 6115 at 06-07, such as Dec 3 at 0620. This must be NSB Nagoya, 50
kW at 50/230 degrees, as scheduled 23-10 UT (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

** VENEZUELA [non]. Aló Presidente via Cuba, Sunday Dec 3 still going at 1745
check on 11670, 11875. It`s presidential elexion day in Venezuela, and Cuba
seems quite interested (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. The tone test, now on 1020 kHz, was constantly audible underneath
my semi-local KOKP, around 0608 UT Dec 3 (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING
DIGEST)

http://new.mail.yahoo.com

Preorder your WRTH 2007: