[HCDX] Glenn Hauser logs March 4

** CUBA [and non]. RHC March 4 at 2330 with RHC IS and opening Esperanto,
Sunday only, on 9600, but heavy CCI from Vatican via SMG in Vietnamese; Commies
vs Catholix! There was no het so I assume XEYU was not on the air at the
moment. A bit later also found RHC Esperanto on // 5965. Looked up later in
EiBi, shows 9600 and 6140, which I had not checked, but 5965 may replace it. He
has 5965 in Creole during this semi-hour, and who knows, that may be the case
other days of week. Also, Praga Spanish via Canadá 6000 was in the clear at
2334, no CubaRM from RHC or Rebelde or whatever is or was there (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GABON. Afropop Music Distraxion, 17660, went off much earlier than usual,
March 4 at 1445*, just after I had checked it and could already detect the
Saudi SAH at 1444; very poor propagation this day. Did not recheck to see if it
came back on before usual 1531* (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** GUINEA. 7125, March 24 at 2332 had Conakry ID in French and timecheck, music
(Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** PHILIPPINES. Just as I tuned in a good signal on 11820, March 4 at 2327,
heard YL ID in English as Radio Veritas Asia, Quezón City, and that next
broadcast at 2330 would be in Kachin on 9645; a bit of horn music followed, but
off abruptly at 2328 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. VOA News Now putting in a fine signal on 11725, March 4 at 2326 when
it was my misfortune to tune in during their silly ballgame segment. This is
Tinang, Philippines at 150 degrees, nowhere near our direxion. Some problem
from WYFR 11720 (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. KVOH 17775 spurs again audible March 4 at 2318 as filthy gobs of
noise, or should I say, awful blobs of buzzes, around 17920 and 17630. At one
point I was able to correlate modulation peaks on 17920 and 17775. 17775 was
running S9+25 on the generous FRG-7 meter, while 17920 was peaking at S9+5,
with 17630 slightly weaker, both of them fading perceptibly unlike 17775 (Glenn
Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. In DXLD 7-026, Jeff White said WRMI is now relaying WRN M-F 2200-0200
UT Tue-Sat, on 7385, tho it may be harder to hear until the antenna is fully
repaired. Here`s what those four hours contain on the WRN NAm service:

2200 RTE Ireland, 2230 R. Romania International, 2300 R. Netherlands, 0000
Voice of Russia, 0030 Kol Israel, 0100 UN Radio, 0115 Vatican Radio, 0130 R.
Slovakia International

So Ireland is back on SW thru no effort of its own! Just wait, reports will
start to appear of these stations on 7385, not aware they are really listening
to WRMI. Who knows what will happen to the schedule from March 12 with DST here
and not there (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST) ###

TV dinner still cooling?
http://tv.yahoo.com/

Preorder your WRTH 2007: