[HCDX] Noise update and mini-DXPD logs from NH-USA, Feb 5th & 12th.

Before I get to the logs I thought I would give
everyone a quick update on the ongoing noise problem
at my location. Spoke with the technician in charge of
investigating such problems last week. He said the
utility companies engineers had completed work on a
detailed map of their power lines in the area and that
he was coming up the next day, Wedsnesday the 7th,
with the necessary equipment to try and pinpoint the
source of the noise.

I will check back with him next week. Patience
continues to be the order of the day.

LOGS:

Have taken the radio out the past two Mondays to the
Albany Covered Bridge parking area, adjacent to the
Swift River, 7 miles from Conway Village on the
Kancamaugus Highway. The site of my previous DXPD?s,
Sugar Hill, is inaccessible as snowplows don?t clear
the parking area in the winter. Would like to stay out
more than a couple of hours but already chilly
temperatures plummet once the sun sets.

4635, TAJIKISTAN, presumed Tajik Radio, 2228-2243, Feb
12, Vernacular. Familiar format of wailing vocals b/w
lengthy talks by OM and YL. Poor. (Barbour-BLDX/NH)

4830, UNIDENTIFIED, 2250-2309, Feb 12, Vernacular.
Piano music at t/in followed by brief announcer.
Ballad at 2258 cut off for talk b/w 2 announcers at
ToH until the signal was lost under QRN at 2309. Very
poor/noisy. Mongolian Radio? R.Tachira-Venezuela?
(Barbour-BLDX/NH)

4835, MALI, RTV Malienne, 2310-2323, Feb 12,
Vernacular. Rather nice indigenous music of stringed
and wind instruments accompanied by a children?s
chorus. Brief YL announcer over music, on occasion.
Weak but clear. (Barbour-BLDX/NH)

4876, BOLIVIA, .R.La Cruz de Sur, 2236-2249, Feb 5,
Spanish. OM w/ music and talk. Presumed ID at 2238 but
too much audio effects to tell for sure. Poor/weak.
(Barbour-BLDX/NH)

4976, UGANDA, R.Uganda, 2058-2114, Feb 12, Vernacular.
OM w/ music and Hi-life music. Solid ID at 2112. Poor
but improving, battling for dominance with CODAR. //
5026-weak but occasionally poking through 5025-Rebelde
splatter. (Barbour-BLDX/NH)

5030, BURKINA FASO, R.Burkina, 2130-2142, Feb 5,
French. OM w/ talk over drums, news with mentions of
several African countries. Fair. (Barbour-BLDX/NH)

5240, TIBET, Xizang PBS-Lhasa, 2150-2205, Feb 12,
Vernacular. Vocal and instrumental ballads. Fair at
best. // 4905 and 4920-poor. (Barbour-BLDX/NH)

6005, GERMANY, DeutschlandRadio-Kultur, 2128-2145, Feb
12, German. Piano recital at t/in followed by pips and
solid ID at BoH. Newscast with various reports from
abroad and locally. Fair listening in LSB to separate
from co-channel BBC-Seychelles. (Barbour-BLDX/NH)

6090 UNITED KINGDOM, NHK/R.Japan relay, 2115-2126, Feb
12, English, Hoping to find R.Nigeria-Kaduna but found
R.Japan instead with Pacific Rim/SE Asian news items
from various regional media outlets. Poor but
improving. (Barbour-BLDX/NH)

6165, CHAD, RNT, 2110-2122, Feb 5, French. Hi-life
music and talks; sounds like via a ?live? event. Fair
under co-channel Croatia. (Barbour-BLDX/NH)

6220, PIRATE, Mystery Radio, 2209-2220, Feb 12,
English. Dance/techno music w/ ID at 2219. Booming
signal. (Barbour-BLDX/NH)

6300, ALGERIA/W.SAHARA,  RASD, 2143-2158, Feb 5,
Arabic. OM and YL with talks and musical bits. Nice ID
at 2155. Booming signal. (Barbour-BLDX/NH)

Scott R Barbour Jr,
Albany Covered Bridge, Kancamaugus Hwy. NH-USA
R75, 350? longwire.

Never Miss an Email

Preorder your WRTH 2007: