[HCDX] Ethiopia?

Hi Jari and others,
Yesterday night I heard a very strong broadcaster on 1044 kHz, offering almost nonstop "typical" African Horn music. I also heard talk once and I believe that they mentioned the word "Amharic", although I don't recognize the language itself. Is it possible that I have heard the "future planned" new Ethiopian AMstation in Mekele?
Complete log:
UNID station with African Horn music
1044 kHz
16th of February 2007
21.15-21.30 UTC and again 23.20-2340 UTC
From time to time good reception, but QRM from MDR Info, the Spain stations
and also now and then from Macedonia (presumed) with Greek music
Best wishes and 73 from Björn Fransson, DX-ing on the island of Gotland in the Baltic Sea of Sweden

Preorder your WRTH 2007: