Re: [HCDX] 1386 khz , UNID Asian; help wanted

I think you may have both Japanese and Korean there Max.

I definitely heard a Korean phase starting at about 0:27 into the
cut.  The female announcer said Kodu'ng Hakkyo no'mo'kaso'. Or
loosely translated as "promoting to high school" as in a student
getting promoted. Assuming that another language doesn't not have a
phase that sounds the same, you have Korean there.

There is a man in there also who is not speaking Korean or Chinese,
and it sounds like it could be Korean.

Bill Harms

On 18 Feb 2007 at 21:37, mvarnhem wrote:

> Two days ago around 2245UTC I heard an Asian station on MW 1386 khz;
> in the beginning I thought it was Chinese; later I thought it was an
> other language (Korean, Japanese?.
>
> Here is my recording
> <http://webdisk.planet.nl/mvarnhem/publiek/album/1386.mp3>
> http://webdisk.planet.nl/mvarnhem/publiek/album/1386.mp3
>
> Suggestions about the language/station/ID are welcome,
>
> Max

Preorder your WRTH 2007: