[HCDX] RADIO ST. HELENA RECEPTION IN INDIA

RADIO ST. HELENA RECEPTION IN INDIA

DATE OF BROADCAST: 15-12-2007 (Saturday)
TIME: 1815 ? 1915 UTC 1915 -2015 IST
FREQUENCY ON WHICH
THE BROADCAST WAS HEARD	: 11092.5 KHz (25 MB) USB
NAME OF THE LISTENERS: V. Balasubramaniyam ,
T. Jaisakthivel
NAME OF THE RECEIVER USED: Grundig
DETAILS OF THE RECEIVER
TYPE: Yatch Boy
MODEL: 400
MADE IN	: China
EXTERNAL ANTENNA USED	: Long wire antenna ? Inverted
?L? type -22 feet Long and 12 feet high

UTC	IST PM 	Details of items heard on 11092.5 KHz

1815	1145	Initially there was no signal ? there was
noise. After careful fine tuning some weak signals
were received.
1817	1147	Some musical notes were heard ? sounded like
high pitched note like Trumpet or bugle with strings
of guitar.
1820	1150	The music was heard ? Sounded like
vibraphone (Ding-dong sound) or Xylaphone male voice
was heard
1820	1150	Male announcer ? station identification ?
?This is Radio St. Helena?. The voice became blurred ?
It sounded like the name of the song he was going to
play.
1821	1151	An English song ?Green green grass of Home?
by a male plain singer was played. There were some
plain words (verses) is the middle of the song the
singer was 	talking in the 	middle of the song with
back ground music. The male singer continued to sing
at a slow pace.
1824	1154	- the song ?Green green grass of Home? ends
male announcer: mentioned the details of the song ?
the singer?s name was not clear ? it may be Tom Jones.
1824	1154	Male announcer talks: ?Hello! We are coming
to you from Radio St. Helena around the world. At the
moment we are speaking to you in India. We will go
later to Japan. We are also getting to other parts of
the world. ?It is nice to join you. Right now, let me
allow me to hear from the Governor of St. Helena, Hon?
able Mr. Andrew Jones?
1825	1155	Mr. Andrew Jones (Governor of St. Helena)
spoke on ?Radio St. Helena Day?. Details of his speech
were not received clearly due to noise ? only certain
words were heard loudly.
1828	1158	 Mr. Andrew ends his speech ? Male announcer
talks ? plays recorded music.
1831	0001	The instrumental music ?Colorful serenade?
was heard ? accompanied by some group humming &
singing ? it was in Mexican or Latin ? American style.
1832	0002	Male announcer: ?That was called Colorful
serenade? Male announce: (continue to talk) ?Hello we
are talking from Radio St. Helena? We will now have
mail update?
1834	0004	(He read out messages & reports from
listeners who received the signal of Radio St.
Helena.)
1835	0005	?Hello Radio St. Helena, I heard your
broadcast at? on my Sony ICF 77? Thank 	you for that
nice QSL. We have received letters & reports from
Mohammed Shameem who lives a very long way in Kerala,
India. He mentioned other names like Anker Peterson of
Sweden, Alokesh Gupta. Also Mohamad Hussain, Sharma
Chetan & also other Indian listeners from Kerala.
1836	0006	?Thank you for your messages. If you want to
get QSL, You have to send IRC?s. If you want to send
mail to staff Manager, the address and telephone
number are as follows; our telephones no. is 2904614 ?
repeated again telephone no. 2904614 and our fax
number 2904542 and our mailing address is: Radio St.
Helena, PO Box: 54, James town, St. Helena Island.
Repeated postal address. ?We will give that again,
Radio St. Helena, PO Box: 54, James town, St. Helena
Island.
1837	0007	Male announcer ? gives station
identification as follows: ?we are broadcasting on
One-One-0-Nine-Two-point-Five KHz (11092.5) in USB.
Now we will hear a song from Hulio Iglatius.
1838	0008	A recorded song ?The Night before? by Hulio
Iglatius (Male singer) was played. The song was in a
slow tempo. The song started with sounds of Church
bells.
1842	0012	Song by Hulio Iglatius ?The Night before?
ends ? male announcer mention details of song.
1843	0013	Male announcer talks: ?.we are going to
Australia? No, we are getting wrong. We will go to be
Australia at some other time. ?We want to be back to
central part of Germany? Here is one from? Robert?he
is from Garsen? He says that the reception quality is
steadily rising. Nice to hear about that in this show.
1843	0013	Male announcer gives station identification
as follows: ?We are broadcasting on
One-One-0-Nine-Two-point-Five KHz (11092.5) in USB.
And also on Fifteen  Forty Eight (1548)KHz, 194 meters
on the medium wave band. We are also being heard in
Sweden. Also from nakahashi in Japan. It is nice to
hear that we are being heard by you in other parts of
the world.
1844	0014	?we are directing to India at the moment?a
very nice song is coming up for you now. This is
called ?No love for a while? and is sung by Suzi Wing?
The name of the singer was not heard properly.
1845	0015	-The English song ?No love for a while?
(Female voice) was played with guitar and flute music.

1847	0017	The song goes like this: ?No matter what you
say?No matter what you see? No matter what you are
feeling?
1847	0017	The song ?No love for a while? ends male
announcer ? mentions the name of the song singer. It
sounded like Suzi Wong & the song belonged to the year
1990.
1848	0018	Male announcer: ?We have one envelope from
Germany? from Schneider & 	Family?...: Congratulations
for your anniversary? Thank you all for sending your
messages for our anniversary broadcast? we waned be
glad to know how the reception is. Send us your
comments on reception to: Radio St. Helena, PO Box:
54, James town, St. Helena Island, SE 166 (Postal code
was not heard perfectly)
1850	0020	Male announcer: ?Let us see what we have
line up for you. It is Hulio Iglatius again: a
recorded English song by Hulio Iglatius was played ?
due to noise the song sounde like? you will never
know. The song was on a slow tempo.
1853	0023	The song ends ? by Hulio Iglatius. The male
announcer gives the details of song & singer and than
the postal address of Radio St. Helena as: Radio St.
Helena, PO Box: 54, James town, St. Helena Island. You
will talk on Environmental pollution.
1854	0024	Talk by female on ?Environmental pollution?
? full details of talk ? not received clearly due to
weak signal.
1900	0029	Male announcer talks ? A recorded song on a
slow tempo was played sung by a male singer (voice
sounded like Hulio Iglatius with sounds of bells)
1903	0033	- The song ends ? another instrumental
recording was played ? this was heard with sounds of
guitar and drums. Sounds of trumpet, bells & guitar
were heard. Due to weak signal, the title of the
music.
1905	0035	can not be heard ? male voice was heard.
1906	0036	No signal was heard for a few seconds. Some
musical notes were heard. Song was not clear.
1907	0037	Male announcer: Station identification gives
?This is Radio St. Helena. We are broadcasting on
One-One-0-Nine-Two-point-Five KHz (11092.5) in USB.
And also on Fifteen Forty Eight (1548) KHz?.
1909	0039	Record music was played ? sounds of Bangose
with nice beat were heard ? Male announcer talks ? it
sounded like station identification.
1915	0045	Male announcer talks: high pitched sounds
like trumpet of Bangle was heards ? due 	to noise
music could not be heard clearly ?it sounded that the
broadcast to India has ended.

Only noise was heard ?END OF TRANSMISSION TO INDIA
Over all SINPO rating ? 332222 ?fair to poor
(Jaisakthivel, Chennai, India)

For Contact: Jaisakthivel,59,Annai Sathya Nagar,
             Arumbakkam,Chennai-600106,India
Visit: www.dxersguide.blogspot.com
       www.sarvadesavaanoli.blogspot.com
Mobile: +91 98413 66086